Urban green space is of outstanding importance for city dwellers. Therefore, open spaces are among the elementary components of urban planning oriented towards sustainability.
Cities need open spaces because of their diverse social, cultural-aesthetic, health, ecological and economic functions. In urban development, landscape architects are part of integrated and networked planning processes. They ensure that open spaces are appropriately preserved or newly created. The development of urban green infrastructures is their design, urban and landscape planning task with many facets.
Landscape architects also work with concrete concepts on one of the greatest challenges of our time, climate adaptation: the green space in the city, appropriate redensification, near-natural rainwater retention. The planning and design, construction and conversion of squares or green corridors, for example, are usually carried out under the leadership of landscape architects.
The German Building Code stipulates that sustainable urban development must be achieved. The aim is to harmonize social, economic and environmental requirements - also in responsibility for future generations. Accordingly, landscape architects are involved in both formal urban land use planning and many informal concepts.
The spectrum in urban planning and village development includes:
- Open space development concepts, green infrastructures
- Regional and inner-city green corridors
- Climate adaptation and climate protection concepts
- Integrated urban development concepts, urban redevelopment
- Land use and landscape plans
- Development and green space plans
- Open space design plans
- Environmental assessments in urban land use planning
- Concepts for residential, commercial and industrial areas
- Master plans for sports and leisure facilities, vacation home areas
- Local recreation planning, allotment garden development
- Nature experience and recreation areas
- Concepts for public road space
- Cycle paths and footpaths
- Tourism development and infrastructure
- Site analyses, feasibility studies
- Federal and state garden shows
- Village renewal
- Latitude: 0
- Longitude: 0