Alliance for the Surface - Announcement of the NRW Soil Protection Award 2018
- UI-Optionen: Sponsorenfeld
- Anzeige Text im Grid: Nein
The Ministry of the Environment, Agriculture, Nature Conservation and Consumer Protection of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia and the AAV - Association for Land Recycling and Remediation of Contaminated Sites are awarding the North Rhine-Westphalia Soil Conservation Prize, which is endowed with 10,000 euros, this year for the fourth time after 2009, 2011 and 2014 as part of the "Alliance for the Surface".
The Soil Protection Award is intended to support and strengthen land recycling and public awareness of soil protection. This year, the focus will be on the processing of industrially pre-polluted brownfield sites through land recycling to create new areas for trade, commerce and industry. The award will be presented by Environment Minister Christina Schulze Föcking at a ceremony to mark the 30th anniversary of the AAV on 12 November 2018 in Hattingen.
The award is intended to provide impetus for location improvement and internal development. At the same time, the award illustrates that the remediation of contaminated sites is of great importance, but at the same time does not represent insurmountable barriers in construction and investment projects.
So far, the focus of land recycling has been on the creation of new residential building land, which is needed on the one hand for refugee accommodation and on the other hand because of the existing backlog demand, especially in social housing. For the creation of new commercially used areas, there is a regionally varying supply of land potential and a strongly diverging demand. On the one hand, structural change must be driven forward on large areas in the coal and steel regions by providing suitable sites. On the other hand, the preparation of numerous small and medium-sized areas in conurbations and smaller municipalities to meet the demand for land makes an important contribution to trade, industry and crafts, and to securing and creating jobs.
The state competition is aimed at all players from business, trade, logistics and the skilled trades, at municipalities, associations of municipalities, special-purpose associations and municipal working groups as well as private cooperations, working groups, partnerships, such as engineering and planning offices, architects, landscape architects, project developers, urban planners, property owners, property developers and construction companies.
Projects may be submitted if they have been realised on pre-used building land in North Rhine-Westphalia in the period from 2013 to 2017 and show evidence of subsequent use. The deadline for the submission of application documents is 16.07.2018. The projects submitted will first be pre-checked by a specialist panel and then assessed by a jury consisting of the following persons:
- Dr. Hans Richter, Deputy Chairman of the AAV (Jury Chairman)
- Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Harald Burmeier, Prof. Dipl.-Harald Burmeier, Chairman of the ITVA Ingenieurtechnischer Verband für Altlastenmanagement und Flächenrecycling e. V.
- Dr. Thomas Delschen, President of the NRW State Office for Nature, the Environment and Consumer Protection
- Michael Fastring, Head of the Environmental Department of the Wesel District
- Alexander Felsch, Managing Director of unternehmer nrw
- Thomas Harten, Managing Director of the Münster Chamber of Crafts
- Dipl.-Ing. Norbert Hellmann, Chairman of the Committee of Landscape Architects in the Chamber of Architects NRW
- Dr. Ralf Mittelstädt, Chief Executive of the Association of Chambers of Industry and Commerce NRW
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Siedentop, Managing Director of the Institute for Regional and Urban Development Research
- Mark vom Hofe, Chairman of the NRW State Association for Nature Conservation and the Environment (for the NRW State Office of Nature Conservation Associations)
Further information on the call for tenders on the Internet:
- Latitude: 0
- Longitude: 0