Press conference on 26 April 2019 on the future use of the racecourse quarter
- UI-Optionen: Sponsorenfeld
- Anzeige Text im Grid: Nein
The Alliance Liveable City - Green Bremen invites to the
Presentation of the position of the "green" professional associations on the future use of the racecourse quarter
Press conference on Friday, 26 April at 11.30 a.m. in the Bremen Chamber of Architects, Geeren 41/43, 28195 Bremen
On election Sunday, May 26, the people of Bremen will also decide on the referendum on the "future use of the racecourse site in the east of Bremen". A local bill will then be voted on, with which the former racecourse is to be preserved "as a green compensation area" and a possible building development of the approximately 36 hectare area is to be excluded.
Four weeks before the date of the referendum, the "green" associations and societies united in the "Bündnis lebenswerte Stadt - grünes Bremen" (Alliance for a Liveable City - Green Bremen) would like to present their joint detailed statement on issues relating to the preservation and development of the racecourse site. In particular, it will be explained why which green spaces and open spaces are important and valuable for the quality of life in the city, and the importance of the areas of the racecourse quarter for the sustainable development of the city and for urban nature will be discussed.
Participants will be
- Ulf Jacob, spokesman for "Bündnis für eine lebenswerte Stadt" (Alliance for a liveable city)
- Harald Mikulla, managing director of the Verband Garten-, Landschafts- und Sportplatzbau Niedersachsen-Bremen e.V. (Garden, Landscape and Sports Ground Construction Association of Lower Saxony-Bremen)
- Martin Rode, Managing Director of Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland (BUND), Landesverband Bremen e.V. (Bremen branch of Friends of the Earth Germany)
- Gotthard Storz, Chairman of the Association of German Landscape Architects (bdla), Lower Saxony-Bremen Regional Association
- Christoph Theiling, Chairman of the Chamber of Architects of the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen
- Latitude: 0
- Longitude: 0